söndag 20 januari 2019

new life on this blog - starting with a Lisbon trip!

I have not done near of what my ambitions for this blog were initially. Then my focus went a totally different road when I was faced with my cervical cancer diagnostic late August. I really wanted to blog about that but not here. Oh no! This blog is about the things I love to do in life and the cancer did not deserve to take that spot here. So I created it's own blog: https://mycervicaljourney.blogspot.com

Now I feel I really want to go back at publishing here about the things I love and love to do. If you are reading this don't take it personally, but I really do not care if someone is reading my blog or not. For me it is just a lot of fun writing and presenting the things I love to do: traveling, DYI and various other subjects.

I have been taking pictures of subjects to write here since 2016!!! So I will begin by doing just that!

I take at least a couple of trips to Portugal per year to visit my family and to see more of my country. On 2016 we ended our trip to Portugal by staying a couple of days in Lisbon as we sometimes do.
I try to see something new and go to some of my favorite places. On 2016 we:

* Meet my good friends Ana and Gonçalo and their son
* Went back to the Oceanário
* Visited the Archeology Museum (love it!)
* Went for walks at Belém because the tower was being reconstructed
* Took walks on the Expo 98's park, the kids loved the flags.
* We stayed at an hotel that had a pool on the roof on the tenth floor or something (I hated it everyone else loved it)

Lisbon is not that hard to navigate. The subway system works fine and you can get around even when there are tourists everywhere. On that occasion Monsieur Hollande, the formal president of France was visiting Lisbon in hot July when we had loads tourists, Portugal had just won the European Championship of football (the real one not the kind that is played with your hands, ehehehe)... and even then, when streets where closed to traffic and not even the buss could drive their normal route and armed forces (due to terrorist threat) were all over Belém armed to their teeth, even then we managed to walk a bit and take the train and subway back to the hotel. So, there was order in chaos.

I will soon be giving some practical advices on how to "navigate" in Lisbon.

Here are some pictures from our trip to Lisbon 2016:

My family at the Expo 98's park


Calçada Portuguesa - the pavement in Lisbon

The Expo 98's park

the 1940's expo-park


Outside the Oceanário

The Oceanário

Expo 98's park

Portuguese National Statistic's Institute

Outside the hotel 

Museu Nacional de Arqueologia 


Ocenário

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar